Upload list without syncing to Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upload list without syncing to Salesforce

Hi, 

I've been trying to upload a list of leads to Marketo without syncing with Salesforce.

How can this be done? And do I need to be logged into the admin account to get this done?

Look forward to getting your help. 

Thanks, 

Gizelle

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upload list without syncing to Salesforce

You can use your regular account to import lists if you have normal access to the Lead Database.

By default leads created or imported into Marketo remain "Marketo only" unless the program is syncronised with a Salesforce campaign or a trigger "Lead is Created" includes a flow step "Sync to SFDC".

Opening the Activity Log of one of those imported leads would reveal a triggered campaign if there is one pushing new leads to Salesforce. Program Actions will display whether it is synchronised with a Salesforce campaign.

Sync Lead to SFDC

How the "Sync Lead to SFDC" Flow Action Works
Marketo Program and Salesforce Campaign Sync Overview

Salesforce Sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have excluded list imports in my salesforce sync campaign for this purpose. If they need to be synced after importing I can select all leads and request the sync manually.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your responses. I was able to receive help from an employee over the phone which was great. I will keep your replies in mind if I need it in the future. 

For anyone else seeking the answer to this, what had happened to me is that we had previously had an active trigger campaign that was syncing all uploaded leads into Salesforce. The gentleman on the phone helped me identify which campaign this was and how to exclude my send. 

All I needed to do was create a filter in that Smart List which excluded the list I was about to upload. So you'll need to create the list name, insert the filter in Smart List for the trigger campaign, Create a program to affiliate the list with and then upload the leads. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Diederik:

How do you exclude list imports in the SF sync campaign?  thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erin, I have centralized the Sync in a single campaign which can be requested. So no direct syncs in other locations. After a while it becomes difficult to manage what goes to SF. In that centralized campaign it's easy to either add smartlist filters. This would prevent the sync campaign from even starting. Or you use options in the flow steps. This way you can add notifications on the syncs.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So everything else syncs except list imports for you?
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's one of the things yes.