Setting up Lead Scoring Decay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting up Lead Scoring Decay

We have our leads scored and decided to set up a decay rule (or depreciation, or degredation depending on what you like to search for).

Our thought was "If it's more than 90 days old, and hasn't had any change in the last 60 days, knock off 5 points"

This works fine 59 days in a row, but on the 60th day there's the huge pile of records (145k in our case) that meet the criteria and blow our API limit in Salesforce, crashing our integrations for a couple of days.

The easy way out would be to throw a good chunk of money at Salesforce for more API calls, but I'm not excited about adding 365 days of capacity to cover the 6 big days (seems worse than the Christmas rush in retail).

I'm hoping someone smarter than me has an idea on how to tweak the rule to spread out the load, and maybe something more elegant than setting up one for each letter of the alphabet or other painful options.

I was hoping that in addition to the "Random" filter, there would be an "Nth" but no luck...

Thanks for your help.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Setting up Lead Scoring Decay

You could try to run a staggered system of 60,61,62 days with some combination of lists to manage that.

You might also try restricting what you consider "inactivity". I always take the extreme view that no activity means every Not Was filter. Perhaps you aren't?

You might also consider removing leads that met that condition twice because it's unlikely they are coming back. Or a general database cleanup.