SOLVED

External Web Forms

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

External Web Forms

I know that one can put a Marketo form on a non-Marketo page (we have several on our website), but recently my CEO had a stumper for me...  Is it possible to put my Marketo form on someone else's website?  (Obviously with their permission).  One of our partners would like to provide their affiliates a way to sign up for our services through their website, but they don't want to link out to our site.  However, we'd like the regsistrants to come directly to us via an embedded form rather than to have to do an "Excel swap". 

Has anyone done this - put their own Marketo form on someone else's site?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: External Web Forms

Yes, this will work. Optionally, you can add the Munchkin code to the partner's page, but this is not required. 

@ Jodi: a Marketo form on a non-MArketo page will never pre-fill. Only forms on Marketo-hosted pages will pre-fill. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely.

One way to do this and still use Marketo to design your form is to put the form on a blank dummy page.

Then, view the page in a regular browser and copy the form code from the source. Give this code to your partner to put on their page and you'll have a form that posts into your database.

You'll need someone with light HTML knowledge for this exercise.

-Charlie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Charlie -  I do this to embed Marketo forms into my own website (without creating a Marketo Landing Page).  I was wondering if this same procedure would work if the form were embedded in someone else's site (e.g. my partner's website) (with their permission of course), or if there was some sort of prohibition on doing this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No rules that say you can't that I'm aware of.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see why what Charlie suggests won't work. I think the only thing that you won't be able to do is prefill the information for known visitors since your marketo tracking code will not be on the webpage itself.  Meaning if someone comes back or is already cookied in your database it won't insert their name, email address etc.  I'm not technical so maybe this can happen too by giving them some special tracking code to put on just this page??

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Yes, this will work. Optionally, you can add the Munchkin code to the partner's page, but this is not required. 

@ Jodi: a Marketo form on a non-MArketo page will never pre-fill. Only forms on Marketo-hosted pages will pre-fill. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, I guess I got confused b/c we are using marketo forms on a non-marketo page and it is prefilling for us.  But now that I think about we are putting it in as an iframe?

That would be another option? Just have the partner embed an iframe and have the form live on a page in marketo? 

Jodi

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Yes, loading a Market-hosted form via an iframe will pre-fill. That would also be an option for the partner. 

Jep