SOLVED

Remove data from a Multi String field

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove data from a Multi String field

I have a SFDC form where there is a picklist Value.

In Marketo i have Checkboxes (Boolean)

I want when a field like "Want_assetstore_news" field is False

Then i want to remove the string name in another field. Change data value Remove "AssetStoreNews"

The other field is for our SFDC users so they dont need to tjeck the Boolean fields in SFDC:

I found this artikel to add ekstra data https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KzejCAC

But i need the oppesite only remove 1 data fields.

Im doing a email managment center for unsubribe. And want this to work with a single field in SFDC.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove data from a Multi String field

If you have a limited number of subscriptions, you could create a series of smart campaigns that would reconstruct the subscription string field value whenever any of the subscription checkbox fields changes.  In the first smart campaign's Flow tab, you would have the following flow actions.

Change Data Value
Choice 1
If: [subscription 1 checkbox field] is 'true'
Attribute: [subscription string field]  New Value: [subscription 1 string value]

Default Choice
Attribute: --Do Nothing

Request Campaign
Requested Campaign: Update [subscription string field] 2

The Update [subscription string field] 2 smart campaign would have a Campaign is Requested trigger and the following flow action steps.

Change Data Value
Choice 1
If: [subscription 2 checkbox field] is 'true'
Attribute: [subscription string field]  New Value: {{lead.[subscription string field]}}, [subscription 2 string value]

Default Choice

Request Campaign
Requested Campaign: Update [subscription string field] 3

You would repeat this sequence of linked smart campaigns for every subscription checkbox field you have.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a limited number of subscriptions, you could create a series of smart campaigns that would reconstruct the subscription string field value whenever any of the subscription checkbox fields changes.  In the first smart campaign's Flow tab, you would have the following flow actions.

Change Data Value
Choice 1
If: [subscription 1 checkbox field] is 'true'
Attribute: [subscription string field]  New Value: [subscription 1 string value]

Default Choice

Request Campaign
Requested Campaign: Update [subscription string field] 2

The Update [subscription string field] 2 smart campaign would have a Campaign is Requested trigger and the following flow action steps.

Change Data Value
Choice 1
Attribute: [subscription string field]  New Value: {{lead.[subscription string field]}}, [subscription 2 string value]

Default Choice

Request Campaign
Requested Campaign: Update [subscription string field] 3

You would repeat this sequence of linked smart campaigns for every subscription checkbox field you have.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Elliot. 

Thats is a Quit easy way of doing a Turn around. 

But in some way i think it strange that i cant Remove a Value only add. But you sugestion solve my Program.. Thanks. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

This Contain and Error the solution. Elliot Provieded

If you wanna Remove data in a field this is not the solution to do it.

If you just ad Choice 1

And continue. Then if i update the field again or i remove a choice. Then i still have the old field.

So basic i need a Smart Logic from Salesforce

Then i need a Smart Logic from the Landingpage management.

These cant over rule. So if anything happens 1 of the places i i need to change so it Match with the subtring.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jan, my suggestion was not on how to remove subscription names from the "subscriptions" field, but rather to rebuild the list of subscription names in the field using the technique described in the How Do I Append Data To a String Field Using the Change Data Value Flow help article.  I hope this answers the concern you seem to be raising about this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elliot .

The problem with the solution is that I dont tjeck the first newsletter but start at the next.
  • Then i dont want my data start with , Data
Like:
Unity newsletter, Assetstore Promotion, Asset Store News, Asset Store 24 hour deals,Events,SimVitz,Gambling

So if the Starting Point is the Promotion and the user Unsubribe the General newsletter.
Then i end up having the data ",Assetstore Promotion, Asset Store News, Asset Store 24 hour deals,Events,SimVitz,Gambling"

The other problem if the change is happening in SFDC that meaning its from the field that contain.

Then the logic here is to remove The True from the Flow steps.

Elliot do Solution for both ways? Right now i see the best solution is build a WebHock app.