fix form logic - says checkbox field "mandatory" but unchecked accepted as valid

Anonymous
Not applicable

fix form logic - says checkbox field "mandatory" but unchecked accepted as valid

Anyone else found a quick fix for this? I found a way to add custom HTML to landing page itself to make a check box accepting license term mandatory - but then there are two "submit buttons' on LP and that is unworkable. (Submit for form box and submit button for license terms.)

Suggestions?

I must be doing something wrong because editting the form fields individually we set the parameters on checkbox to prefilled and to "mandatory" but clearly it is not mandatory as form still accepted and no error message presented if you uncheck the box.

Pretty sure this is user error on my part but curious if anyone has advice. Sincerely, Kristin
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fix form logic - says checkbox field "mandatory" but unchecked accepted as valid

This requires some custom JS coding.  You'll want to go ahead and use this article to help you: http://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000Gtt6CAC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fix form logic - says checkbox field "mandatory" but unchecked accepted as valid

Hey - thanks - I just did that (dragged the HTML object on LP and cut pasted in the check box script from the site you provided - and changed the name of the field in true/false lines in the code) - went to preview it and still let me submit form (from preview pane) as if there was no requirement to check the box. Clearly I must have missed a small tweak to code somewhere - or else I cant test the form in preview and only can test draft file by opening new window maybe with the LP url?  
This is so helpful what you sent me I hate to be the dummy who needs just a little more help tweaking the file - but I am that dummy and thanks in advance for help.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would definitely be nice to:

1. Have you test it on the actual URL (after you approve it)
2. Provide the snippet of your coding so we can see what changed (highlight what you changed if possible)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it working now.  Just needed to try it live - a little risky - but what the heck - as well as of course clear all Chrome cache, forms, browsing data etc in case the page reload didnt actually grab the new file.  But it is working now for both reg pages and am deeply grateful for the help you offered and so quickly too!!