Dedupe mass records

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dedupe mass records

I understand the dedupe process but I have thousands of records with duplicates.  Is there some type of automation process that can be applied? 
Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

Re: Dedupe mass records

Hi Deb:

We offer a process called "EasyMerge". It's provided by our consultants, based on your specified de-duping requirements. You can get more information by emailing to services@marketo.com.

Hope this helps!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can also use DemandTools or other services, however, there will be some manual work involved before the automation takes over.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just finished researching the duplicate-related SFDC apps. Below are my notes:

• Dupecatcher
    • Blocks dupes upon entry
    • Free — no-brainer
  • Cloudingo
    • Dedupes existing database and future mass-imports
    • Advanced logic?
    • $996 per company per year — pretty interesting
  • Data Clenser
    • Block dupes and group existing dupes
    • Displays dupes on the lead record
    • No advanced logic
    • Free trial, but $400 per year for Pro version, which lets you to search across objects and actually merge the dupes
  • DemandTools
    • By CRMfusion
    • Would require Parallells Desktop (not Mac-compatible)
    • Maintenance:
      • Manipulate, import, extract/export, back-up, object/ownership reassignment
    • Cleansing:
      • Single table deduper: batch dedupe by any field
      • Lead-to-contact: leads vs. contacts to identify should-be contacts/leads
      • Lead-to-account: lead queues vs. contacts to identify should-be account contacts
    • Discovery:
      • Compare a spreadsheet of data to existing SFDC data
      • Ex: take a list of account names match them up to matching or almost-matching accounts in SFDC
    • Verification
      • Address verification via NA and US postal services
    • $5K for first admin, and $2.5K per extra admin per year BUT significant discount for <100 SFDC users
  • Duplicate Check for Salesforce
  • Dupe Dive by RingLead
    • Shows how your database dupes stacks up against others
    • Free
  • Unique Entry by RingLead
    • Literally a real-time dupe catcher (catches them as you type)
    • $4.99+ per user per month
  • Data Cleanse by RingLead
    • Independent Lead-Lead, Lead-Contact, Lead-Account, etc filters
    • Merge up to 1K leads at once with trial!
    • Cost: $999-ish, depending on record count
    • Free trial
  • Unique Web-to-Lead by Ring Lead
    • Prevent duplicates from web to lead, filter spam, lead management

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info, David! LaunchPoint, Marketo's Partner Ecosystem, is another great place to look at for de-duping solutions.

http://launchpoint.marketo.com/applications/lead-data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Julie, have you found/used any de-duping apps that are integrated directly with Marketo?

I see RingLead has a few app pages in Marketo Launchpoint and it looks like they are actually promoting their SFDC apps. To their credit, the Marketo Launchpoint page does say "Marketo Integrated Coming Soon."
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David - The RingLead integration is "Coming Soon." Very soon! 🙂 I'll definitely announce in the community when the time comes. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.  We are looking at DupeCatcher for the SFDC side, but I need to do some significant clean up on the Marketo side,  so it looks like it may make sense to wait until RingLead is available?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Deb - For an immediate solution you may have to explore other routes. The integration will enable advanced logic for detecting duplicate web form submissions inside of Marketo. RingLead has posted this video in YouTube about Setting up a Webhook in Marketo which is one of many steps in the integration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5_SmGhunpM

Stay tuned!    
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a situation where the duplicates are only in Marketo. Is there anyway I can dedupe in Marketo on mass? I have over 21,000 records to merge.