List Import Problem - Can't Unblock Fields!

Anonymous
Not applicable

List Import Problem - Can't Unblock Fields!

Hi everyone. Trying to import a new lead list but am having some problems with my Lead Owner fields being blocked ("Blocked (System Managed)" in the Notes Field). I've gone into the Admin Field Managment to make sure that "List Import" is unchecked for each field to no avail. I also tried blocking from untrusted sources only then importing as trusted, but that didn't work either.

Either way, shouldn't the fields update anyway if they're blank to start out with (as they would be with these new leads)?

Any similar experiences or ideas on what's wrong here?! Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: List Import Problem - Can't Unblock Fields!

Andrew, the Lead Owner field is a system field and cannot be updated with a list upload. That is because the field always contains the SFDC Lead Owner (and only for Leads that are synced with SFDC). The only way to change lead owner is via the Flow Action "Change Owner". 

You could make a custom field to upload the lead owner into, then create a Smart Campaign that will trigger on a data value change and then use the "change owner" flow step to change the owner in SFDC. BTW: if the lead is not yet in SFDC, it will be synced to SFDC when you use "change owner". 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Jep. I didn't realize thate Lead Owner fields were a SFDC-only function. Seems kind of odd. We don't use it so I guess I'll have to do it your roundabout way. Is this function only available then if we're synced with SFDC, or will it work with other CRMs?

If this is the case, is there any value in worrying about the Lead Owner fields at all if we don't use SFDC? Tokens are a key example I suppose, but what other functionality are we missing out on (in terms of the Lead Owner fields)?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeb, I don't see a "Change Owner" option in my Flow Actions. Do you mean using the "Change Data Value" flow step and selecting the Lead Owner attribute in there? None of the Lead Owner fields appear as options in my list.

It seems I don't have the Salesforce Actions folder options (including "Change Owner") as I'm not linked to SFDC, am I correct?
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

You won't see the flow action because you don't have SFDC. You can create custom fields to hold lead owner information. You can use tokens for those fields. If you want to send alerts to lead owners, put a token in the "other emails" field instead of using "Lead Owner" (so you put {{lead.your lead owner field}} in the "other emails field").