SOLVED

Bulleted list in email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bulleted list in email

Hello:

We have use bulleted lists in most of our emails.  When I send a test of the email and also get sent the text version, in the text version the bullets display in a paragraph like form instead of in a list, sometimes they will do this, sometimes they wont.  Anyone have any ideas.  We use outlook for our email provider.

•  Display like this •  not supposed to • the community will help me 🙂 •  Thanks for any help 

•  Display like this
•  not supposed to
• the community will help me 🙂
•  Thanks for any help

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bulleted list in email

I am going to assume that you are using the WYSIWYG editor to create your email.  To me... It sounds like there is a broken HTML tag.  It should look like this:

<ul>
<li>Bullet Point #1</li>
<li>Bullet Point #2</li>
<li>Bullet Point #3</li>
<li>Bullet Point #4</li>
</ul>

Make sure there are no <span> or <p> tags that have made their way into the <ul> tags, and are causing them to break.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you create an email with the Email Designer, you can also create the text version by using the Copy from HTML function, but the text may not be structured properly.  I always edit the text version and add line feeds and spaces where appropirate.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elliot:

I usually do lots of editing to the text side after I copy the text over.  The bullets appear to be in a list in the editior and in the preview screen, they appear in a paragraph form when I sent the email.  😞  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Erin
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to assume that you are using the WYSIWYG editor to create your email.  To me... It sounds like there is a broken HTML tag.  It should look like this:

<ul>
<li>Bullet Point #1</li>
<li>Bullet Point #2</li>
<li>Bullet Point #3</li>
<li>Bullet Point #4</li>
</ul>

Make sure there are no <span> or <p> tags that have made their way into the <ul> tags, and are causing them to break.