Re: Submit Form API beta

NadineThomas
Level 1

Hi @pliske - thank you for sharing this issue. We are scoping our options to submit people to our marketo database with non-marketo forms. This API sounds like a perfect solution, but your issue sounds alarming (as we have several thousand duplicates). Has is been solved or have you discovered a better solution? Thanks a lot in advance!

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@NadineThomas ,

There are a number of posts floating around on this topic.  In many ways, you are better off adopting the approach I discuss in this post: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/submit-form-api-beta/looking-to-added-contacts-to-marketo-from-a-3rd-p...

The reasons why this is a good approach are also listed in that post.

ALSO - If your non Marketo forms happen to be Gravity forms, and you are using Wordpress for your site, there is now a plug in that will take the gravity form data, pass it along to a Marketo form and submit it for you - no code required.  I'm in the process of trialling said plug in for a couple of clients, and will do a post here as soon as I am comfortable with its reliability and performance.  This confers all the benefits I list in the post above, with zero coding burden!

Cheers

Jo

AMurphy
Level 1

Hi @Jo_Pitts1 

Did you have any success using the wordpress plugin described below? 

'ALSO - If your non Marketo forms happen to be Gravity forms, and you are using Wordpress for your site, there is now a plug in that will take the gravity form data, pass it along to a Marketo form and submit it for you - no code required.  I'm in the process of trialling said plug in for a couple of clients, and will do a post here as soon as I am comfortable with its reliability and performance.  This confers all the benefits I list in the post above, with zero coding burden!'

Thanks,

Adam

Jo_Pitts1

@AMurphy ,

it works, but seems to glitch occasionally around access tokens.

I've raised a ticket with the authors, and will keep you posted.

Cheers

Jo

AMurphy
Level 1

@Jo_Pitts1 

Awesome, thanks for following up. Can you share the name of the plugin? 

Jo_Pitts1

CRM Perks