Valentine's Day, Yes or No?

Re: Valentine's Day, Yes or No?

Any celebration is good 

Going out to an overpriced dinner and buying overpriced candies: nah.

Ordering in sushi and watching NBA with my husband: yes.

Nope, not a fan! Overpriced dinners, flowers and cards aren't my thing! I like to show my feelings the other 364 days of the year.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not a fan. Too many expectations and money wasted, however - my kids love trading valentines at school and doing the themed crafts, so it is fun seeing them enjoy the holiday

I'm stuck in the middle - I feel like love & showering your significant other with affection should be done EVERY day, not just on Valentine's Day. However, it is nice to have a reason to go out on a date night and focus on your significant other when everyone one of us gets caught up in daily activities and life (i.e. work, exercise, etc). So...like I said. Stuck in the middle. I can keep it or leave it...it's not a big deal to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, not a fan of hallmark forced holidays.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really; it feels so forced. You shouldn't need a holiday to express love. I do miss handing out valentines in school though and candy is always nice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love it but I do feel like it's over rated when it comes to restaurants. I hate the custom pre fixe menus as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally, I am strongly against people hating on other people spreading joy and love (and enjoying their own...why do people care how early in the year other people listen to Christmas music???), but I personally don't care much about the holiday.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy unimaginative, consumer oriented, manipulative and shallow interpretation of romance day!