SOLVED

Marketo form submission on WordPress not qualifying for campaign

Go to solution
Troy_Larson
Level 3

Marketo form submission on WordPress not qualifying for campaign

Hey Marketo world, 

Have a question that is totally stumping me: I have 1 global gated content marketo form that I'm embedding on all my gated content wordpress landing pages.

What's stumping me is that sometimes records that submit qualify for a marketo campaign (so expected behavior).

However, I'm witnessing the same form (as it's a global form) on a different wordpress landing page (but same wordpress template) people will submit but not qualify for the marketo campaign. 

So to recap: 

Same form 

Same "qualification criteria" (see example below)

Troy_Larson_1-1650478351168.png

This example is one where when a record submits the global form, they qualify for the associated marketo campaign.

Troy_Larson_2-1650480514624.png

This is one, as you can see very similar smart list, where the person fails to qualify for the associated Marketo campaign flow. 

As you can see it's the same form, basically the same smart list to qualify, the only difference is the Referrer page URL. 

Wanted to tap the greater marketo world to see if anyone has witnessed this before/ see if anyone has any troubleshoot tips. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo form submission on WordPress not qualifying for campaign

Remember that the Referrer [is] means an exact match. If the Referrer contains a query string, that’s part of the match.

For this reason it’s better to use Referrer [starts with] to match only protocol/hostname/path, not [is].

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Does the referrer constraint's value exactly match in the form submission activity with the value you have in the campaign that isn't firing?

Troy_Larson
Level 3

Hey @Darshil_Shah1 - Ya it does, making this even weirder. For example, in that screen cap of one that doesn't work - the referrer URL is: https://www.yubico.com/resource/bridge-to-passwordless-key-considerations/ which is the actual URL of the landing page. So go figure, right....?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Remember that the Referrer [is] means an exact match. If the Referrer contains a query string, that’s part of the match.

For this reason it’s better to use Referrer [starts with] to match only protocol/hostname/path, not [is].

Troy_Larson
Level 3

Alright, Sandy with the save. Feel silly all it too was setting Referrer Starts With instead of using IS. That seems to have done the trick. Thanks all. 😛

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Can you pull up a smart list with fills out form filter and the referrer constraint set to what you have in the campaign that isn't firing - chances are there all the people you expect to qualify won't since is operator is an exact match and includes the QPs too, as Sandy noted in his comment! Consider switching to starts with / contains operator.