Re: Adding several value to a field

LucasDF
Level 2

Adding several value to a field

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to create a "Content downloaded" field for my contacts as I like to have a history of the DL path of my prospects,

So I created the field, and started to set up my first rule :

On each form (downloading files specifically) completion: Change score:+5, Send Email: downloading link e-mail, add "Name of the file" to "Content downloaded".

BUT, I'm afraid of one scenario : If a  contact download several contents, will the previous value written in the "Content downloaded" be replaced by the new one ?

I found an old article on the forum where a person advises to use choices like this (I replaced what he wrote according to my case):

Choice 1 :

If "Content Downloaded" is empty

Attribute "Content Downloaded" New Value : {{system.datetime}}: "Name of the files"

Default choice (this is where I'm in trouble)

Attribute "Content Downloaded" New Value{{lead.Content downloaded}},{{system.datetime}}: "Name of the files"

Is it correct according to you, or do you have any other good practice to solve this problem ? 

Thanks a lot

Lucas

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Michael_Florin
Level 10

You will need a second field for this. In our case the fields are "Last Asset" and "All Assets". Write the name of your document into "Last Asset" at download, and then run this Flow Step in a second Smart Campaign to update "All Assets" with the value in "Last Asset". This will over time append all asset names to the "All Assets" field.

2020-10-05 17_43_08-Marketo _ Asset Copy (Flow) • Marketing Activities.jpg

Thorsten
Level 4

Aren't you overwriting your field "All Assets" here with the latest? Rather than appending?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

You're right, Thorsten. I was sloppy. Here's the whole process:

1. Copy "Last Asset" to "All Assets" if it's the first time:

Michael_Florin2_0-1601992394287.png
2. Append to "All Assets" if not empty:

Michael_Florin2_1-1601992477500.png

Thorsten
Level 4

Ah, yes, That makes total sense now 🙂 Cheers

LucasDF
Level 2

Thanks both of you for your answers,

I'm not sure I understand the logic of your process, I don't understand why using the "all asset" criteria,

Why not apply the old value of content downloaded, add a comma, and then add the new value?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

The main point I wanted to make is that you need two fields. One to have the value of the most recent download and a second to carry the whole history, so can eventually run

Change Data Value "All Downloads" to

{{lead.All Downloads}} | {{lead.Recent Download}}

LucasDF
Level 2

I'll test it as soon as I can and I'll tell you if it works 🙂