Would love to see a non-buggy WYSIWYG editor...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love to see a non-buggy WYSIWYG editor...

The tool is pretty brutal, and it has been as long as I've used it.  I've used a few different marketing automation platforms, and WYSIWYG editors seem pretty universally buggy.

Still, a few noticable issues:

• Line breaks showing up in the editor, but not appearing in the preview. This issue remains regardless of how often you try to press "enter". I've actually held the "enter" key down for about 75 line breaks, and it still won't show up when you save the edits. Have to cut and paste entire editor text and hope it fixes problems.
  • Text's revert to default for no other reason than the program finds it amusing. It appears that there will be certain area's of the editor that doesn't recognize text change, regardless of how often you change the text. Again, cutting and pasting the entire text from the editor occasionally fixes this issue.
  • Adding pictures into an email makes me want to rip my hair out. Won't center when desired, will duplicate image in editor when trying to move it to a different line in the editor, etc. I've found using the insert/edit image button/copying & pasting the image URL to be less buggy than dragging the image/file button over, but both methods are buggy.

These, of course, are only a few of the issues with the WYSIWYG editor, but I'm sure Marketo is aware of them.

Are there any patches for these issues in the works, or is this just something we're going to have to deal with?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Elizabeth_Ragla
Level 2

Re: Would love to see a non-buggy WYSIWYG editor...

Ross,
For image spacing in emails, the only thing that works for me is adding a table and dropping the image in there. 

Also, when it comes to landing pages, I've given up on trying to fix when bullet points magically force text to be in italics. Anyone else having this problem? We submitted a ticket a while ago that never got resolved. 

-Liz
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Vote up the idea to replace the editors.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We sometimes have trouble add links.  The add link pop-up will open, I enter the link and press save and it takes me back to the now blank pop-up.  The only workaround for that is manually going into the HTML and adding the link that way....