Re: What type of email is appropriate to warm up IP?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What type of email is appropriate to warm up IP?

Hi there,

I need to warm up IP before sending nurturing email. Some articles recommend to send welcome emails as the best types of email content to send during warm up.

I can understand welcome emails are opened with high probability. However, it is not possible to control the time and the number to send email as welcome emails should be delivered when customers register their email address at website. How can I use welcome emails to warm up IP? Could you tell me if you know what type of email content is appropriate to warm up IP?

Thanks,

Eri

Reference  http://www.pinpointe.com/blog/how-to-warm-up-your-ip-address-the-right-way

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

You want to send your email to a list of opted in users firstly.  Second it should be an email with a high likelihood of being opened.  Welcome emails have the highest open rates, followed by informational.

Also of note, fun and curiosity are the most important factors to open an email.  So make it fun, make it interesting and make it welcoming!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Jamie.

Yes, I want to send email to users in a list, and the email should have the highest open rate.

I am planning to start to send 1000 emails, and gradualy increase until target number.

It means I need to control when and how many emails to send. But transaction email such as welcome email starts from user's action like registration. In this case, the timing and the figure to send email cannot be controled.

That's why I thought welcome email does not work for warming up IP...

How does it work??