Re: What to consider with early stage non-responders...marketing suspend or delete?

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

What to consider with early stage non-responders...marketing suspend or delete?

Hello All,

Background:

I am looking for some advice and opinions on what to consider with early stage non-responders.  If you are not near your database limit should you just suspend them or should you delete them from your database.  If they were list purchases I would for sure delete but some are older leads from tradeshows and that sort.  Just trying to weigh my options.

Question:

What to consider with early stage non-responders...marketing suspend or delete?

2 REPLIES 2
Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Re: What to consider with early stage non-responders...marketing suspend or delete?

Hi Nate - If we are not near our limits, we suspend after a certain amount of non-opened emails.  We have deleted non-responders when we were close or over our database limit and used a time frame of I believe 120 days of no activity. 

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are several threads related to this.

Inactive leads that aren't customers should be removed and backed up someplace else. Your criteria is up to you. I usually do 6 to 12 months or target bad emails first. Also look at the Stage with Sales because you don't want to delete leads in process.