Re: What does this error mean: Failed: Empty reply from server

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

What does this error mean: Failed: Empty reply from server

Can anyone provide me a reason why this lead didn't sync to Salesforce properly. Attached is a screenshot of the lead activity in Marketo. The lead filled out a form, and did not properly sync over to SFDC.

10 REPLIES 10
Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Hey Caitlin,

Are you sure you're not missing a mandatory field to sync the lead to your Salesforce (i.e. the acquisition date which is synced after you push your lead to Salesforce)? Try to make sure the step "Sync lead to Salesforce" is the last Step in your flow, and prior to this step, add a Wait Time (10-15min) so that all the fields are properly filled out prior to the sync with Salesforce. This should help!

Emma

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I don't think the wait step has significance here.  There isn't an asynchronous data commit to wait on.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Caitlin,

There is not enough info in this screenshot, unfortunately. Please click on the activity and provide the screenshot to see if we get more details.

-Greg

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Gregoire Michel​ here's a screenshot with more information. Thanks!

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 1.00.54 PM.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Caitlin,

Unfortunately, it does not provide more info. I do not like it because it really the first type I seen this.

From Salesforce doc, this apparently arises when a query is too long to execute and is cut by SFDC.

But it can be temporary.

Can you try again to sync the record (manually issue a "sync lead with SFDC" ) and see whether it works or if the error remains.

If the error remains, I am afraid you will have to call in support.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yeah, this could've been a transient error on the SFDC. If you don't have anything else using the SFDC API regularly, you might not know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford, I am encountering this problem because sfdc servers seemed to have gone down yesterday. I want to make a check of all leads that came in yesterday and failed for this "empty reply from server" would I be able to pull those from a smart list?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Stephen,

There is no way right now to create a smart list of leads which sync failed in a given period of time.

But you can start with leads which "SFDC type" field is empty. These one have never been sent to SFDC.

-Greg