Re: Using "at least" advanced filters in a smart campaign

Jen_Quirk
Level 1

Using "at least" advanced filters in a smart campaign

Hi everyone!

So I am trying to create a trigger email to send out to our existing customers to cross sell some of our products. I want to send out an email with a "round up" of our top resources on a certain topic IF they've visited a number of pages on our site on that particular topic (which tells me they're interested in that topic and could be cross sold to.

I have at least 5 or 6 web pages on that topic but I want to use some sort of AT LEAST filter... if they are a customer AND they visit AT LEAST 2 out of any of those 5 web pages, then add them to the nurture campaign. What's the best way for me to do this in a smart campaign?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

well, it depends. Triggers may work a bit oddly here, so I'd use a daily batch to be more accurate.

Visited Web Page IS: any of the 5 pages (because it uses OR in the list)....at least 2 times in Time Frame Z

But remember, this means they could have visited any 2+ out of 5 pages OR the same page twice.

An alternative is to setup a smart list like

Visited Web Page is X

AND

Visited Web Page IS Y

etc...

to force it to find people who visited all 5 pages...

Jen_Quirk
Level 1

Thanks Josh!

To clarify, I should use the filter logic:

Visited web page: contains webpage 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 with the constraint: min. number of times: 2

Does that make sense?

Thanks very much for your help!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Jen,

Yes, that's it.

-Greg

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Jen,

I believe the best logic is defined below if you want them to visit 2 of 5 pages but not the same page twice as Josh outlined in his first example. No "min number of times" constraint is needed and a smart list is easiest to manage.

Visited 2 Pages Smart List - Adv. Filter Logic: (1 and 2) or (3 and 4) or (5 and 6) or (7 and 😎

1. (Visited Page 1

&

2. Visited Page 2-5)

or

3. (Visited Page 2

&

4. Visited Page 3-5)

or

5. (Visited Page 3

&

6. Visited Page 4-5)

or

7. (Visited Page 4

&

8. Visited Page 5)

This is the most simple and accurate way to identify someone that has been to 2 of the 5 pages you reference without having visited the same page twice. From there build a smart campaign to action what you want.

Trigger:

Visits Webpage is "Pages 1-5"

Filter:

Member of Smart List is Visited 2 Pages

Flow:

Add to Engagement Program

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg