Re: Using Engagement programs as a filter in Segmentation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Engagement programs as a filter in Segmentation

Hi,

I am trying to create a segment in Marketo that filters on membership in an engagement program stream.

The purpose of this is to use dynamic content in the emails and landing pages that are in multiple streams.

I see that you can use member of program as a filter. The engagement program is in the list, but I cannot add the additional layer of which stream the person is a part of.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Thomas,

You cannot use any behavior filter to build segments. Only lead or company information.

So if you want to do this you will need to create an "Current Engagement program" field and populate it when you add leads to the engagement program. As it will be a lead field, you will be able to use it for segmentation.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

That's not entirely true.

Within the 'Special Filters' folder you have the option to filter by member of list. program, revenue stage, or revenue model. Unfortunately, the engagement program is not an option here.

I do agree that I will probably need to create a field that identifies the nurture stream the individual is in.

Thanks,

Thomas

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Probably worth an idea, too.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would make a Static List for each Stream if you need this sort of functionality.

But what is the point of dynamic content based on Streams? How would you use this?  If it is for Personas, you'd be better off managing that as the Segment Smart List instead.