SOLVED

Re: Unable to remove records in Marketo (record only exist in Marketo, not in CRM)

Go to solution
WY
Level 4
Level 4

Unable to remove records in Marketo (record only exist in Marketo, not in CRM)

Hi guys,

Have you guys ever experienced any issues with records not deleting in Marketo?

I have some records I would like to remove from the instance, but Marketo would not process them to be deleted from the database. After I ran the single flow action for deletion, it gave me a result of 0. And there is no activity log for that single flow action in the record whatsoever.

They are records in Marketo only (don't exist in CRM). And they have not been synced to CRM at any point. Why can't I remove them from Marketo?

Any advice or suggestions will appreciate it! Thanks so much!
Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: Unable to remove records in Marketo (record only exist in Marketo, not in CRM)

Hi @WY 

This definitely seems to be a bug.

Have you tried

1. Running a smart campaign to qualify the person and then delete it via a flow step. Is it even picking up the records?
  2. Changing some value for those records and being able to see the change in the activity log?

If none of these work, it would seem to be a mismatch - which I would highly suggest reaching out to Marketo support so that they can help identify the issue.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @WY 

This definitely seems to be a bug.

Have you tried

1. Running a smart campaign to qualify the person and then delete it via a flow step. Is it even picking up the records?
  2. Changing some value for those records and being able to see the change in the activity log?

If none of these work, it would seem to be a mismatch - which I would highly suggest reaching out to Marketo support so that they can help identify the issue.

Thanks

WY
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, Floyd,

Thanks so much for your suggestions. Yea, it seems like something isn't right there. On your 1. suggestion, it didn't pick up any of those records in there. But they are in the database somehow. 

I have launched a support ticket to Marketo and see if they can investigate further in this case.

Thanks once again : ) 
Wayne

DrewGehrer
Level 1

Were you able to solve this? We have a similar issue. Thanks!

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Do you also see 0 records processed even though you selected a bunch of records and executed the delete flow step or ran this flow step via a campaign with non-zero people qualifying for the campaign? You should probably reach out to support, if you’re not able to delete the records via Delete Person flow step in Marketo.