Re: Triggering a nurture campaign from Salesforce

Maci91
Level 2

Triggering a nurture campaign from Salesforce

Hello,

I have a request of setting up a stream of emails in Marketo that will be triggered when a sales person add a lead in SF. Can anyone provide on any guidance for the both SF and Marketo side? The stream will have to be consisted of 6 emails, and the time between the sending would be week. I would appreciate it if you can help me out with the use if filter for this in Marketo!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Well, there are a quite a lot of ways to do that. Of course your nurture flow will live in Marketo. That would be either a Smart Campaign that sends this flow of emails or an Engagement Program. Won't go into detail here, as that is base Marketo nurture knowledge.

So the question would be: What's your trigger? That can be a lot of things, but I'd suggest to use campaign membership. Just adding a lead to Salesforce is too broad - it certainly would be for my organization - so I'd tell your sales persons to add these nurture-bound leads to a specific Salesforce campaign. And then have your Marketo program listen for that SFDC Campaign Membership to trigger the nurture flow.

Michael_Florin_0-1611916527542.png

Maci91
Level 2

Thanks Michael!

I do want to use that trigger. Is there any marketo doc to cover this matter and that can be used as a guidance? 

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Well, you certainly have to be familiar with everything here: 

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Understanding+Batch+and+Trigger+Smart+Campaigns