Stop other emails to members of a program

John_Wolf1
Level 3

Stop other emails to members of a program

Is there a way to prevent members of a program from receiving other Marketo emails that are not part of the program?
I realize I could add a step to every other type of email I send excluding those members, but that seems likely to fail given the number of Marketo users we have and emails we send.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stop other emails to members of a program

We use Smart Lists on top of the built-in fields for deliverability (UnSub, Invalid, Suspended & Blacklisted) to segment who can get certain types of emails. So we have a "Mailable" SL that looks at that stuff plus some other logic, and that list tells us who we can send mail to. Every send is based off of that list or a derivative of it (we have SLs on top of "Mailable" for certain regions and types of content).

So in your case, I think we would put Program Membership logic into "Mailable" which would ensure everyone was excluded and then we'd do special logic within that one Program to include those people. If that makes sense...
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi John, the easiest way I've found to ensure exclusivity when someone is receiving nurture emails is using Segments. This still requires a filter to say which segment someone is in for each campaign, but it keeps us well informed of how many people can receive a certain type of email from us at any given time. 
John_Wolf1
Level 3

Thank you both!