Starting Marketo - First Email Amounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting Marketo - First Email Amounts

I am new looking to start sending emails from Marketo soon.  I am keen to understand if there is any best practice around how quickly I should/can start sending emails (and volume) to ensure that my sending reputation is not affected and maintained at kept at it's highest level.  We send nearly 2 million emails a month, a lot of which are newsletters.

Any previous experience at what volumes you have started with when sending emails or experience you have would be great.

Thanks
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting Marketo - First Email Amounts

Hi Simon,

Has your company purchased a dedicated sending IP address in your Marketo contract?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cathal,

No we have not, we do have the Email Deliverability PowerPack but not the dedicated IP.

Thanks

Simon
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.
With a dedicated IP the warm up phase is really really important.

If you don't have an IP address then can you tell us about your sends ? Would you be sending 10s of thousand of people the same email or is the 2 million really broken down into 100s of campaigns over the month?

I might leave the response for other colleague to cheip in but Marketo's email server take care of the throttelling to some extent.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out newsletter goes out 3 times  a day to around 20,000 people (which comes in at about 1.5 milion emails a month), we then have about another 0.5 million emails that are marketing driven and go to about 50,000 different people spaced out over a month.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that will be fine Simon.
Run a report after your 1st send to get an idea and if the results arent what you expect then reach out to support would be the best plan.