Smartlist fails with "Not Was Sent Email" filter that uses a "contains" constraint

lukea
Level 3

Smartlist fails with "Not Was Sent Email" filter that uses a "contains" constraint

Hi community,

I get a strange error when using a smart list filter "Not Was Sent Email" with a "contains" constraint: No matter what I enter for that constraint, the smart list won't accept it and return

Error running Smart List
Check your Smart List configuration

459873498732113213.gif

Has anyone experienced this, too? What's going wrong and how can I solve this?

I've already tried cloning the smart list, and using it in combination with another smartlist that filters for membership in the above smartlist without the "Not Was Sent Email" filter plus adds just that filter as a second step.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

Re: Smartlist fails with "Not Was Sent Email" filter that uses a "contains" constraint

@lukea The keyword should be valid when you are using it under "contains". If you are typing "foo" it might have shown available options in the names you have given to your emails and when you are using only a few letters, it won't register it under the constraint. Try adding a complete word that is in the email naming convention. For example:

Ruchi_Lapran1_0-1666786990012.png

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Smartlist fails with "Not Was Sent Email" filter that uses a "contains" constraint

With an exception of the "is" and "is not" operators in the Email name constraint, the rest of the operators, including the "contains" operator, do not look for the perfect match in the email name (and hence ideally, you should not see an error in the SL with the contains operator even though you don't have any such email in your instance).

@lukea , if you're still seeing this issue you can reach out to the support team to look for what exactly the issue is as this is something that isn't expected.

FYR, I do not have any email that has the keyword "foo" in the instance, and still, I don't get the red squiggly line in the email name constraint per the below snapshot - 

Darshil_Shah1_0-1666791404331.png