SOLVED

Re: Smart Lists: Multiple Filters

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Lists: Multiple Filters

My company just started using Marketo so this may be an easy one for someone.  We would like to create our own "Possible Duplicates" smart list with the following criteria:

(1) SFDC Is Deleted is False.
(2) Email Address is a duplicate.

The issue we are having is that we cannot figure out how to have (2) only apply to the Leads that satisfy (1) first.  Our goal is to return leads where they share email addresses with other leads where SFDC Is Deleted is False.  Unfortunately, we are also getting leads that share email addresses with lead records where SFDC is Deleted is True.

Test Data
---------------
Lead #1 with email address abc@company.com and "False" for SFDC is Deleted.
Lead #2 with email address abc@company.com and "True" for SFDC is Deleted.
Lead #3 with email address xyz@company.com and "False" for SFDC is Deleted.
Lead #4 with email address xyz@company.com and "False" for SFDC is Deleted.

Desired Result
---------------------

Current Result
---------------
Lead #1 with email address abc@company.com and "False" for SFDC is Deleted.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have your current unwanted result with Lead #1 being in your list because it has a "duplicate" email address and is also False, so it shows up even though the its "partner" duplicant doesn't. Since the records aren't tied together you can't eliminate the "single" duplicate leads in your list without having some other type of field criteria that would keep them out of your list.

Filters work in order they are positioned and also apply the logic rules. So if your logic rule is set to ALL filters and your first filter is SFDC is Deleted = False then only those records that are false will pass to the next filter of Duplicate Fields - Field Name is Email Address. (your current situation)

To filter out the singles you would have to add another field filter and possibly change the logic rule.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have your current unwanted result with Lead #1 being in your list because it has a "duplicate" email address and is also False, so it shows up even though the its "partner" duplicant doesn't. Since the records aren't tied together you can't eliminate the "single" duplicate leads in your list without having some other type of field criteria that would keep them out of your list.

Filters work in order they are positioned and also apply the logic rules. So if your logic rule is set to ALL filters and your first filter is SFDC is Deleted = False then only those records that are false will pass to the next filter of Duplicate Fields - Field Name is Email Address. (your current situation)

To filter out the singles you would have to add another field filter and possibly change the logic rule.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying, Shannon.  The testing I did yesterday supports your statements that the items are filtered first by Rule #1 but Rule #2 still evaluates based on all items in the lead database.  It sounds like it might be a useful option to have a rule only evaluate based on the results of the prior rule.  In my case, I would only want to consider duplicate emails in the results of Rule #1 (SFDC is Deleted is False) instead of duplicate emails to anything in my Lead Database.