SOLVED

Re: Smart list for zero score change in time period

Go to solution
Jennifer_Turner
Level 2

Smart list for zero score change in time period

I want to marketing disqualify any leads whose person score has remained at zero for 180 days, will the below smart list work? 

Jennifer_Turner_0-1618904094548.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

No.

Let's look at score first. You're looking for persons whose score is 0 and wasn't changed in 180 days. That would be this:

Michael_Florin_0-1618915099904.png

Now, they also need to be at least 180 days old, right? Acquisition Date "in future" or "in future after" is looking into the wrong direction. You need to look into the past.

Michael_Florin_1-1618915242728.png

"In past before" is tricky as it also finds persons whose "created at" date is empty, but I guess that case cannot exist.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Michael_Florin
Level 10

No.

Let's look at score first. You're looking for persons whose score is 0 and wasn't changed in 180 days. That would be this:

Michael_Florin_0-1618915099904.png

Now, they also need to be at least 180 days old, right? Acquisition Date "in future" or "in future after" is looking into the wrong direction. You need to look into the past.

Michael_Florin_1-1618915242728.png

"In past before" is tricky as it also finds persons whose "created at" date is empty, but I guess that case cannot exist.

Jennifer_Turner
Level 2

Thanks so much for your help with this Michael, much appreciated. 

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

In addition to @Michael_Florin 's comments which are totally on point, please bear in mind the retention period for the Change Score activity is 90 days, so you cannot look back that far to achieve what you want.

A reliable way to achieve what you want is to create a last score change date or datetime field that you stamp with every score change. Based on this date you could reference your 180 days.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Thanks for the addition, Katja, and you're certainly right.

But to be honest, I haven't really understood how this retention restriction was executed. I am still seeing data value changes  and scoring changes that are beyond the expected time frame:

Michael_Florin_0-1618931923053.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The database gets garbage-collected irregularly, which can be confusing, but eventually the retention period is enforced.
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

That is my experience as well. So simply said, beyond 90 days you cannot guarantee data is complete anymore, so you can not reliably use it as a reference.