SOLVED

Smart list filter on anniversary date = yesterday

Go to solution
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Smart list filter on anniversary date = yesterday

Hi there.  I am having a mental block (grrrr!).

I want to have a smartlist that includes records where a certain date is YESTERDAY (or for that matter {{System.date}} - 1)

I can't use in past 1 day, because that ends up including records where the anniversary date field is today.

What dumb thing am I forgetting today ??

Regards

Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1

Re: Smart list filter on anniversary date = yesterday

All,

I found the answer... it is to use the 'in timeframe' option and set the value to 'yesterday'.

pastedImage_2.png

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jo_Pitts1

All,

I found the answer... it is to use the 'in timeframe' option and set the value to 'yesterday'.

pastedImage_2.png

Cheers

Jo

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Just keep (maybe in the deep back of your mind, in this particular case) that dates, in reality, have timezones. And people in Marketo have Person Timezones, too. But you're going to be getting the "instance yesterday" as opposed to the "person yesterday".  Test a bit and you'll see what I mean.

Jo_Pitts1

Sanford,

Yep well aware of that.

The next part of the issue is how to act on an anniversary exactly x days in the future.

Cheers

Jo

Jo_Pitts1

Oh - and the answer to this is the documented 'work around' in the marketo documentation:

Smart List Filter Operators Glossary - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 

"...Say you want to see customers who are up for renewal in 90 days. You would use two separate filters. First use "In Future After 90 days," and second, "In Future 91 Days." That would capture whomever has a date 90 days from now..."