SOLVED

Re: Sending application events to Marketo via Google Tag Manager

Go to solution
TomSchif
Level 1

Sending application events to Marketo via Google Tag Manager

Hi,

I want to use Google Tag Manager to send application events from my product to my Marketo account so I'll be able to trigger onboarding emails based on the user's activity in the product. Is there any such way to do so? I'm already using Google Tag Manager to send such events to other third parties such as Mixpanel and Appcues.

Thanks,

Tom

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You send everything as synthetic Visit Web Page or Click Link events with a URL hierarchy of your choosing. For example, a click to /file/uploaded/success or /user/invited. The event itself is one of the standard events but the URL indicates the subtype.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

You can use the Munchkin API (i.e. a custom visitWebPage or clickLink event).

TomSchif
Level 1

Thanks, @SanfordWhiteman!

I'm looking to send events such as "file uploaded successfully", "first user invited", "launched first session", etc., not clicks and page loads. Any idea how can I send those via GTM?

I track those events in Mixpanel as well, but not sure that the cohort sync will suffice https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005719646.

SanfordWhiteman

You send everything as synthetic Visit Web Page or Click Link events with a URL hierarchy of your choosing. For example, a click to /file/uploaded/success or /user/invited. The event itself is one of the standard events but the URL indicates the subtype.