SOLVED

Re: Scenario: how does smart list filter work mid campaign?

Go to solution
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Scenario: how does smart list filter work mid campaign?

So this is a complicated scenario, but I am wondering how it should work:

A person fills out the form and gets sent an email. The rules on the campaign kick it to go thru a nurture stream:

Nurture stream rules (not actually nurture stream campaign style but using just campaign to do a drip at specific intervals for specific emails)

• All people sent from marketo campaign trigger
  • people not on suppression list

Campaign flow:

• wait 2 days
  • email 1
  • add to suppression list
  • wait 3 days
  • email 2
  • wait 4 days
  • email 4
  • wait 51 days
  • remove from suppression list

Assuming they enter the flow would they be able to finish if they are added into the suppression list mid flow or are they immediately removed from it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I am just making sure if they qualified for the campaign before they were added to the suppression list, that they won't be removed until they finished going thru the flow.

Nothing's going to remove them until they get to Remove From List, though. I don't get what you're fearing might happen spontaneously?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

Assuming they enter the flow would they be able to finish if they are added into the suppression list mid flow or are they immediately removed from it?

I don't get the question — there isn't a Remove From Flow step in your description, so no one is being removed from the flow, and people are only removed from the suppression list at the end.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

right but they are added to a suppression list early on by email one. I just want to make sure adding a person in later won't remove them after they started.

SanfordWhiteman

Still don't understand the chronology you're worried about... "adding a person" to the suppression list, or qualifying them for the campaign when they're already in the suppression list, or... ?
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

I am just making sure if they qualified for the campaign before they were added to the suppression list, that they won't be removed until they finished going thru the flow.

The thinking in a much larger sense is we are running multiple strings, and some of them are similar content lines. We want to let them get other content but we want to suppress them from the similar content streams. Picture below kind of what I mean. If someone goes down path 1 for x we don't want them to go thru path 2 or 3 by accident or at the same time. The emails are similar but some minor differences (unfortunately I couldn't token it otherwise this would have been much easier).

Eric_Salamon1_0-1617655749532.png

My thought if I can add a suppression list to the criteria for each path, and add the people to the list after they started heading down the path and removed them at the end this may make my life a bit easier then custom rules for each one. I just wanted to see if anyone else has done something like that, and if my shortcut will work.

SanfordWhiteman

Nothing's going to remove them until they get to Remove From List, though. I don't get what you're fearing might happen spontaneously?

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Just a lot of paranoia so I wanted to make sure. Thanks for confirming.