Re: Returnpath seed list when using A/B testing within a program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Returnpath seed list when using A/B testing within a program

Hi,

When we set up our email using the A/B testing funtionality within a Marketo program.  It allows you to test. Subject lines, clicks ..etc to a random sample and then send the winner to the rest of the lst. Since using returnpath, there is a seed list added to the distribution list.  But when we add the returnpath seed list to the A/B test it splits the list up, only some of the returnpath recipeints get test A and Test B.  What I want is the return path seed list get all of A or get all of B or get all of both.  If not the retunpath results get skewed as only some of the recipents get an and b so it will not give it a proper score. 

Does anybody know of a work arround?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's a bit odd, because if you include the seedlist in the smart list, it should bring in all of those people. Check if your rules are doing something odd to that. Check with support too.

You may also want to just send the seedlist separately.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I include them to the smart list but when I choose lie a 30% to performe the test it would just take some of the returnpath seed list.  I just want the whole list to recieve both tests or one or the other.