Re: Record Cap applies to all records? Or Marketable?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Record Cap applies to all records? Or Marketable?

Hi guys,

We have a Marketo plan that gives us up to 60k records. We have about 52.5k total leads in our system, but only 34.3k marketable leads.  Does anybody know if our lead cap applies to the total leads? Or marketable leads? We want to add more leads and need to know what types of hurdles it'll create for us.

Thanks!

Andrew

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The limit is for total leads, not just marketable leads.  One thing you can try is to delete all hard bounces from your database.  Those are emails addresses that are most likely fake or input incorrectly, so they have no value.

Opt outs are still tracked if they hit your website so you may want to keep those, actually you should keep those to prevent yourself from marketing to them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, follow up questions ->

If I wanted to delete all my "email is invalid" records, I can just go into the lead database, filter for bounced emails, select all, and delete.

But:

1) Will that delete the records in SFDC as well?

2) If not, will those records just resync from SFDC immediately?

Thanks,

Andrew

Ethan_Hutcheson
Level 2

First of all, in order to keep a record of what you've deleted, I'd recommend running a smart campaign to remove the leads, rather than executing from the lead database.

Your Smart List would be as you'd do it in the lead database, i.e., Email Invalid is True.

The Flow Step would be:

pastedImage_1.png

Important: Remove from CRM "false" means that the lead will remain in SFDC. Selecting "true" removes the lead from SFDC. If you don't remove from SFDC, once the record is edited in SFDC it will reappear in Marketo. You can schedule a weekly campaign that will go through and "re-remove" those leads.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If we have automation running in Salesforce to update records (especially if there are counters of "days since last activity" or something of the sort), will these constantly be syncing from SFDC to Marketo, then deleted, then re-synced.

I expect this would slow down our sync and cause unnecessary lead entry/deletion. Any suggestions in this scenario?

Thanks,

Jackie

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I'd suggest opening a new thread here. Piggy-backing rarely gets you the quality of answers that a new thread would provide.

Also, if you search for filtering leads that Marketo is able to see in SFDC there are plenty of threads on the same topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!