SOLVED

Re: RCE Report - Program Revenue Stage Analysis Report, but not only for new members?

Go to solution
David_Gaible
Level 7

RCE Report - Program Revenue Stage Analysis Report, but not only for new members?

Hi Marketoers,

I feel like there is (or should be) an easy answer to my question and maybe I'm just missing something. Is there an RCE Report that will answer my question "How can I measure the effectiveness of individual programs in moving all leads through my revenue stages?" The Program Revenue Stage Analysis report would be perfect, except that it only looks at new leads that the program generated. None of the other RCE reports work for this particular question - they either don't have a filter for Program or don't include the Stage as a measurement.

I know I could create a 'Leads by Revenue Stage' report, and then include a filter for the program, but then I'd have to clone that report 20+ times for all the different programs I want to look at. Not exactly automation.

What am I missing?

Tagging some of the reporting gurus: Justin NorrisPierce UjjainwallaJosh Hill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: RCE Report - Program Revenue Stage Analysis Report, but not only for new members?

Why wouldn't the Program Opp or Program Membership report help? You can place the stage field as one of the 3 key fields to add into RCM as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

What is the ideal report you are looking for? Something that says, these programs move people from Prospect>MQL?

What question are you trying to answer? That will help me recommend the ideal solution.

Anish Jariwala

David_Gaible
Level 7

Very close.

These programs that move people from Prospect>MQL>SAL>SQO

Josh_Hill13

Why wouldn't the Program Opp or Program Membership report help? You can place the stage field as one of the 3 key fields to add into RCM as well.

David_Gaible
Level 7

Yup, that was the small thing I was missing! Program Membership will work fine when I add the field. Thanks Josh.

Justin_Norris1

David Gaible

I'm not sure Program Membership report is going to give the answers you're looking for (if I understand your requirements correctly).

Let's say you create a report of program members and segment it by lifecycle stage. You'll get something that looks like this:

Program Analysis.jpg

This shows you people who are members of a program and what lifecycle stage those people are in right now. It doesn't necessarily indicate whether the program was responsible for moving the person into that stage, which is the question you are trying to answer.

Here's an alternative approach I've kicked around (caveat: have not fully tested in the wild yet). It will capture and preserve the name of the program that caused the person to reach MQL/SQL/XYZ or whatever other milestone you are interested in.

1) Create Custom Fields for Each Milestone You Want to Track

E.g, MQL Program, SQL Program, and so on. Put in SFDC if you want to report there as well.

2) Populate Most Recent Program Success

What we need is that every time someone reaches program success, we capture the name of that program in a field, for safekeeping.

Smart List

Program Status Changes, Program Is Any, Success = True

Flow

Change Data Value, MQL Program = {{trigger.name}}

Qualification

Every time

The magic secret here is that you can use trigger tokens on a program status changing - this is not officially mentioned in the docs but it does work! Hat tip to Paul Wilson​ who I think was the person that told me this.

Marketo___Populate_Last_Program_Success__Results__•_Marketing_Activities.jpg

3) Capture Milestone Program Success

In your lifecycle flow that changes the lifecycle to stage to MQL/SQL etc., capture the most recent program success into the MQL Program or SQL Program field right before you change the lifecycle stage. I would delay this by 5 minutes to allow any program memberships to be assigned first, so you get the most current data.

Flow

Change Data Value, MQL Program = {{lead.lastProgramSuccess}}

Now you have fields on the lead object that can be used as a dimension to group data in any lead-focused report and let you analyze the "tipping" program for your lifecycle milestones.

P.S.

Note that depending on your business model, one might object to the logic of assigning 100% credit to the most recent program success. If you want multi-touch attribution for every step of the funnel, talk to Grant Grigorian​ about Path to Scale.

David_Gaible
Level 7

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the great ideas.

Josh's idea actually works for me because my marketers do want to see lifecycle stage that the leads are in right now (its a long discussion on how we got there).

Great call on the process that you outlined. I actually hacked together something very similar to get marketers answers about programs that are driving leads (not MQLs, but actions that influence MQLs) in their segments over a given timeframe. It is a little sad that business questions like these can't be answered with out-of-the-box reports, but on the plus side, Marketo is extremely configurable!

In regards to Path to Scale - yes, awesome. We currently can't use SFDC campaigns as Path to Scale requires, but we will be able to next year after we clean up Salesforce.

Matt_Cucuzza1
Level 2

Hi Josh,

I for the life of me cannot figure out how to sync the Revenue Stage field into RCA sync in the admin section. It's simply not there to be chosen:

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.41.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.40.58 AM.png

...Am I missing something? How do you add it as one of the 3 Key Fields?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue.