Re: "Not Opened Email" filter vs "Opened Email" filter with "is not"

Kasia_Kowalewsk
Level 2

"Not Opened Email" filter vs "Opened Email" filter with "is not"

Hello

I'm trying to resend an email to those who did not open it the first time around. I originally had 96 people on my list and 19 opened it. I have since added new people  for a total of 564 leads. I want to send it to anyone who didn't open it the first time, AND the people who were just added to the list.

I am wondering the difference between these two filters, because each one is giving me different totals.

So i know that "not opened email" filter is correct - it gives me 545 leads:

pastedImage_5.png

But i would expect that this filter should give me the same #, but it gives me 86 leads:

pastedImage_4.png

Does the "Opened Email" filter with "is not" assume "was sent and did not open". Whereas the "Not Opened Email" filter not consider if it was already sent?

Thanks

Kasia

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

(a) What you're actually doing is resending the email to people who either deleted it the first time *or* read it thoroughly but didn't have images enabled. Be mindful of the consequences of the latter.

(b) The Smart List results shouldn't be the same. Opened Is Not means they opened any email in the timeframe, as long as that email was not the Client Invite (they may have opened Client Invite as well). Not Opened means they didn't open the Client Invite (they may well have opened others).

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The "Opened Email" filter in the second scenario basically says "anyone who opened an email EXCEPT "12-06-2107..." ".  To get the most accurate results you would want something like this (note the advanced filters as well):

pastedImage_0.png

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Seems like my post crossed with Sandy's.  Like he says, email "opens" (and even "clicks") are highly unreliable these days.  Use extreme caution when using these filters as you can be sending the same email to someone who in fact opened the original email.