"Has Opportunity" Filter with Trigger

Dan_McGinn1
Level 1

"Has Opportunity" Filter with Trigger

Hi Marketing Nation,

I'm trying to create smart campaigns to update our lead data in Marketo. One of which requires us to look to see if an opportunity closes, but check to see if the lead has other existing opportunities currently open. Here is my smart list consideration:

Triggers:

Opportunity is updated: Trigger Attribute - Stage = Closed/Won

Added to Opportunity: Opportunity is Any, Stage = Closed/Won

Filter:

Has Opportunity = False

Stage NOT = Closed/Won, Closed/Lost

If the lead has an opportunity closed won, but they still have existing opportunities open, I want them to go through the flow. As it sits now, all people go through the flow if an opportunity closes, it seems the filter is being ignored. As a work around, I can create a batch campaign that looks for people who have open opportunities, but this is not ideal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Dan

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Re: "Has Opportunity" Filter with Trigger

Hi Dan,

The smart campaign will move the lead through the flow step if the activity is triggered. Can you add a constrain to the triggers rather than using filters?

Dan_McGinn1
Level 1

That won't work, the point to to push people who have closed /won an opportunity but have not other open opportunities. Adding a constraint to the triggers won't restrict those leads that have another existing opportunity.

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

OK, I was hoping that using the filter logic as trigger constraints rather than filters might do the trick.

You've tried using either "Stage is not Closed/Won, Closed/Lost" constraint? What about "Quantity is 1"?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Your filter is set to FALSE. You need to set to TRUE.

Trigger: Opp becomes Closed Won OR Added to Opp; Stage=Closed Won.

Filter Constraint:

Has Opp=TRUE in Stage=Not Closed Won

Run a smart list on this to see if there are such people and if Marketo really can find them. The problem with Marketo and Opps is that I can use

Has Opp=TRUE

and it will come up with any Lead associated to ANY opp ever on that Account. No # of Opps, etc. So one has to be careful how to use this when multiple Opps exist in diff stages. I find this filter has issues in this scenario.

You may want to instead create a smart list of everyone with an Open Opp and use that as the Filter in your flow as IN this list.