SOLVED

Re: Question re: Smart List Inactivity Filter "Not Filled Out Form"

Go to solution
Guitarrista82
Level 6

Question re: Smart List Inactivity Filter "Not Filled Out Form"

Hi Community,

I am studying for the Marketo exam and recently took the practice test.

I missed a handful of questions and have been reviewing the correct answers but am not sure why they are correct.

I will not post the actual questions from the practice test, but similar ones that I've recreated in Marketo.

Please see one of my questions below:

Which two activities allow a person to qualify for the campaign below? (Choose two.)

Guitarrista82_0-1640807111228.png

1. Email is delivered and the person filled out Email Status update form but not Webinar Form.
  2. Email is delivered and the person did not fill out Email Status update form or Webinar Form.
  3. Email is sent and the person did not fill out Email Status update form or Webinar Form.
  4. Email is delivered and the person filled out both Email Status update form and Webinar Form.

Correct Answer: A & B

I answered D.

My thinking was that the person would qualify if the email was delivered to them AND they had filled out both forms—i.e. Not Filled Out Form is not Email Status update form AND Webinar Form. Therefore, the person did fill out both of those forms.

Clearly, I’m not correct—so I’m trying to understand why A & B are the correct answers.

Thank you,

LK

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

That is correct @Jo_Pitts1 

D is incorrect because it has AND for the 2 options.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@cwillmschen wrote:

Hi! Jumping back in this thread since I just took the practice exam and was left so confused by this question that I looked it up. 

I can confirm that the filter was

[Not Filled out Form]

[Is not] Form 1; Form 2

So are you all saying that based on this logic, the answer in the practice exam is wrong?

Yes.

Someone who filled out both forms WOULD qualify with these rules, right?

Yes. (I would say COULD rather than WOULD but still Yes.)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Guitarrista82 ,

the email being delivered is a trigger, so you have to consider it independently of the filters.

What are the second form name in the list.  Without being able to see that, it is a bit tricky to answer your question.

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Thank you Jo.

The first form name is: Email Status update

The second form name is: Webinar form

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Guitarrista82 ,

so the key here is that when you have a list of items like that (i.e. the two forms), the list is considered to be an OR

i.e. if they did not fill out the email form OR they did not fill out the webinar form.

So, as long as one or more is not filled out, then the condition is met.

Let me know if I'm still not making sense 🙂

Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

That is correct @Jo_Pitts1 

D is incorrect because it has AND for the 2 options.

SanfordWhiteman

@Jo_Pitts1 @Ruchi_Lapran1 seems like you’re accepting the exam answer as correct and are seeking to justify it, which is understandable. But actually @Guitarrista82 is right! D is a valid answer. If the real exam suggests otherwise, it’s wrong.

If a person filled out the forms named “Form 500“ and “Form 501“, and the filter is

Not Filled Out Form

⤷ Form Name [is not]

[“Form 500”, “Form 501”]

then the person qualifies as long as there are other forms they did not fill out.

The filter can be read as “Did they not fill out a form that is not in the list?“

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Sharp! I wonder whether the actual exam question had that set to "is not" though. Would be worth validating.

Tags (1)
cwillmschen
Level 1

Hi! Jumping back in this thread since I just took the practice exam and was left so confused by this question that I looked it up. 

[Not Filled out Form]

[Is not] Form 1; Form 2

So are you all saying that based on this logic, the answer in the practice exam is wrong? I am having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around the double negative and who that allows to qualify. Someone who filled out both forms WOULD qualify with these rules, right?

SanfordWhiteman

@cwillmschen wrote:

[Not Filled out Form]

[Is not] Form 1; Form 2

So are you all saying that based on this logic, the answer in the practice exam is wrong?

Yes.

Someone who filled out both forms WOULD qualify with these rules, right?

Yes. (I would say COULD rather than WOULD but still Yes.)

lillyfalcon
Level 3

I just got this question too @cwillmschen - and also answered D! It's so confusing, they should remove it from the practice exam, or at least provide better explanations 🙄

Lilly Falcon