Picklist at the Field level / Global level

Dawn_Richcreek
Level 3

Picklist at the Field level / Global level

Is the only way to enter pick-list values at the Form level? Isn't there a way to make a standardized pick-list for Country or Number of Employees, for example?

Right now I want to make a change to my Number of Employees field pick-list and unless I can do this at the Field level, I have to go and edit 80+ different forms. There has got to be an easier way, right??
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Picklist at the Field level / Global level

Hi Dawn,

I don't believe there's a global field editor in Marketo like your wanting. Since you can change the pick-list values from form to form in the editor there wouldn't be a master.

Now I haven't tested this, but if you use Salesforce or another CRM, possibly changing the field in there will then reflect a change in your Marketo forms. Not sure if it's possible, but it's worth a try. If your pick-lists are customized and different than your CRM values, then I don't think this would work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it does and it is the way you want to go from a data integrity standpoint. I recall seeing alerts from Marketo when our SFDC team changed an item.

You could also write a campaign that checks for value 1 and periodically changes it to Value 2. We've done some of that when trying to equate multiple similar roles to one title. Would be better if clean from the get go, but possible.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the only way to do this on a mass basis is to have created a global asset, usually held in the Design Studio. Then you would use that same form on all of your landing pages so when you wanted to update them all, you would only have to update the global asset. It sounds like every landing page has it's own specific form. If that is the case, I don't think there is a way to accomplish the update on a mass basis.