Re: On Demand Webinar Viewer Email Trigger Set Up

AndreaL32
Level 2

On Demand Webinar Viewer Email Trigger Set Up

Hello, 

I am trying to set up a campaign for a webinar that was not done through GoToWebinar, ON24, or other vendors but from my company directly. It's technically "on-demand" and has a separate landing page and form fill. I have set it up in Marketo with three smart campaigns, registered, no show, and attended. For registered, I have the smart list trigger as fills out a form and the constraint as referrer contains, and the URL where the form is. My goal is to have an email sent to registrants that have not watched and to those who have. Is there a way to track that in Marketo on non-Marketo landing pages without third-party webinar vendors to have the right trigger email sent? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Don’t really understand the question. How would Marketo know that the person watched or not, if you know you’re not sending that data?

AndreaL32
Level 2

I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out. Is there a way to send the information to Marketo? Is it a matter of embedding the link within the "recorded webinar link" token in the campaign? I am just unsure of the process if the webinar is not connected to ON24, GoToWebinar, etc. It seems that all webinar discussions and examples are through those vendors. 

SanfordWhiteman

If the webinar provide cannot notify Marketo that someone has attended (“attended” = “watched“ in the case of On-Demand) then Marketo can’t do anything.

It just seems like you’re asking the wrong platform — you should be asking the webinar provider how they can inform 3rd-party platforms of attendance.
Kaitlyn_Simko
Level 4

You could potentially capture an on demand view by sending a Marketo email as a confirmation (containing a URL for the webinar LP) when your form is filled.  You could then count anyone who clicks that URL as an on demand view.

SanfordWhiteman

Except then every mail scanner will appear to have viewed!

There’s a real value to the interactive activities (pressing play/watch, filling out forms) in that they represent a real human action.