Re: Need help with Smart List Advanced Filters

Kyle_Lampis
Level 2

Need help with Smart List Advanced Filters

I'm trying to compile a smart list with the below filters, but the audience it gives me does not reflect what I am trying to do, so i'm thinking the advanced filter logic must be off. Please advise.

Filters:

1. Contact Permission: True

2. Unsubscribed All: False

3. Member of List - Not In - "List A"

4. Member of List - In - "List B"

5. Favorite Team - is - "a,b,c,d,e,"

The problem I'm running into is with Filter #3. It doesn't seem to be excluding the people in this list. Please let me know what you think the advanced filter logic should be.

5 REPLIES 5
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hey Kyle,

What is your advanced filter logic?

Can you post a screen shot of your smart list?

Thanks

Floyd

Kyle_Lampis
Level 2

Thanks Floyd - I would post a screenshot but it has sensitive company information- that's why I tried to lay it out in the question as best I could.

The logic I tried: 1 and 2 and 3 and (4 or 5).

Kyle_Lampis
Level 2

4/5 being the segment I want included, but each of those people must also comply with filters 1,2,3. If that makes any sense.

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Kyle

Your logic makes sense. It is a bit hard to decipher without actually looking into the data. I would recommend creating a Marketo support ticket so that they can provide a better feedback while looking into the data.

Only thing I can think of is duplicates of records which would not qualify for filter 3 as they are not in List A. Therefore the smart list is including them.

Thanks,

Floyd

Kyle_Lampis
Level 2

It looks like the duplicate records could be our issue. Thanks again Floyd!