SOLVED

Re: Migrating Pardot Custom Redirects to Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Migrating Pardot Custom Redirects to Marketo

We're in the process of migrating from Pardot to Marketo. Having difficulty finding the precise answer in Marketo Docs on how to migrate all of our Custom Redirects in Pardot over to Marketo. Does anyone have the answer?

Many thanks,

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo does not have a native bit.ly tool.

If the bit.ly exists already, then it will continue to persist, but obviously go to the old page. You will have to create a new shortened URL that points to the Marketo page.

As I suggested, you could have the full URL bitly points to set to 301 redirect to the marketo page. Your IT team would likely need to help do this or maybe login to your bitly account to fix that in there too.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13

Do you mean Pardot LP 301 redirects to your Marketo LPs?

I think you'd have to work with Pardot or your IT team on that and provide them a mapping in Excel. I know of no docs on this other than look up how to write a Rule in Admin > Landing Pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, we want to create custom redirects for content based on how it is being used. For example, for a white paper, we would want different redirects for our LI Ad, our Social Promotion of the white paper (which needs to be a Shortened URL), etc. The BIT.LY URLs were already generated by Pardot, and thus I'd like to continue using those for the Social Promotion of each individual asset (as I don't want those BIT.LY links to now direct to a dead Pardot landing page).

Thanks

Ulf_Deeg
Level 3

Hi Patrick,

as far as I know, Marketo does not have something that provides the Pardot functionality for Custom Redirects - being global, campaign independent, tracked and UTM tagable Vanity URLs that can forward to any other URL, to be used e.g. in Ad destinations, file downloads, social media post links ect.

But I am just starting with Marketo, doing my Cert training etc.

Best

Ulf

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Patrick -

We were in the same boat 3 months ago. We transitioned to Marketo after a few years with Pardot and were looking for a way to migrate thousands of Pardot custom redirects that had been built over the years. As Ulf mentioned above, unfortunately there is not a similar solution. We ended up implementing a new cookie to track lead source via hidden form fields and rebuilt almost every single custom redirect one by one appending the proper UTM parameters to pass into the new cookie. Works like a charm now but was a painful process during transition. Would be happy to share specifics with you if you're interested in chatting further.

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mike Wolf​ Hi Mike. You might want to suggest this to the product team in the Ideas​ section.

Or even better. Add a comment here: https://nation.marketo.com/ideas/1617#comment-13782

Josh_Hill13

Marketo does not have a native bit.ly tool.

If the bit.ly exists already, then it will continue to persist, but obviously go to the old page. You will have to create a new shortened URL that points to the Marketo page.

As I suggested, you could have the full URL bitly points to set to 301 redirect to the marketo page. Your IT team would likely need to help do this or maybe login to your bitly account to fix that in there too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your responses. This is certainly a hole in Marketo. Pardot certainly has a leg up on this front. We are going to miss this feature.

Many thanks,

Patrick

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Patrick, here's a "teaser trailer" of something I was working on this weekend that I'm going to publish in a few days:

Bitlify TT 01

It won't resolve all the gaps between Pardot and Marketo, but certainly makes generating Bitlinks within Marketo easier.

(Sorry to require Flash, my screengrabber is old-fashioned.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool. We most certainly will use these.  Let us know when they are available.

Many thanks,

Patrick