Re: Metatag values are not appearing at the beginning of my source code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Metatag values are not appearing at the beginning of my source code.

I have edited page metatags for each of my landing pages, completing the title, keywords, description and robots fields. In the source code, they're appearing around line 284 but they should be at the beginning - within the first few lines. Is there a way to edit my template so that the metatag values appear at the beginning of my source code?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erica,

<meta> tags should appear in the <head> section of your html in order for them to work. Are those tags in your <head> section? Are you trying to fix an html feature that doesn't work, or are you trying to improve the layout of your html source for human readability?

I know this isn't very helpful but if you're trying to do the latter, there isn't a whole lot you can do. html renders from top to bottom so it more or less needs to be where it is if it's going to work.

If some element of some web page is broken, that's a whole other thing. Please let us know if that's the case.

Ian
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ian,

I've added Title and Metatag values to my landing pages as described here in Marketo documentation: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz4KCAS (completing the fields under "Landing Page Actions, Edit Page Metatags). When I look at the source code for these landing pages, rather than appearing in the <head> section of the page, the Title and Metatag information is appearing around line 284. I assumed that the Marketo software would place this information in the correct place. But since it didn't, I'm trying to figure out if there's anything I can change within my template to make it do so.

-Erica