Marketo Landing Pages - Meta Tags?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Landing Pages - Meta Tags?

Is there a best practice around the Page Meta Tags on Marketo Landing Pages? Do you guys always update these? Does Marketo autopopulate to some type of default settings? 

Do I need to go in there and change/update these for all LP's we put on our site? I'm assuming all this would be for SEO purposes? 

I'm seeing some of the fields filled in when I look at Page Meta Tags but not sure if someone on the team did that or Marketo's auto-pulling in the information... 
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Marketo Landing Pages - Meta Tags?

It depends on how you're using your landing pages. If you want them to be showing up in search results, then yes, you'll need to be paying attention to the meta tags.

If you don't care, or if you don't want them to (which is my primary case as they're almost always PPC-related), then you don't need to pay as much attention.

Generally what I do is set the page title to a token that I update with each program. Other than that, it's ad hoc what I do. Generally I set the indexing to noindex, nofollow -- and that's about it.

I think the only things that will be auto-filled by Marketo might be some kind of default title and it'll default to index,follow.
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Matt explained, it depends on what you're using your landing page for. For example, if you have a landing page that you're using for webinar signups, it's probably fine to set the metatags to "noindex, nofollow" since you're probably primarily driving traffic to the signup page via an email campaign (and not search engine results). In contrast, if you have a landing page being used to request product demos, then you'll want to set your metatags to "index, nofollow" to make sure that if someone searches for "[your company name] demo", then search engines know about your page and might return it as one of their top search results.

By default, Marketo will set your landing page meta tags to be "index, nofollow" (which means you want a search engine to crawl the page and not follow any links on the page). By default, the page title and description are blank.

Here's a help article with more info on how to edit your landing page's meta tags.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That link doesn't work...just goes to the Product Docs main page.

Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

Hi,

This link suppose to work.

Ronen Wasserman
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ronen !