Marketo comes under which DataBase Type

abhishek_c
Level 2

Marketo comes under which DataBase Type

Hi All,
I want information for Marketo comes under which category is it RDBMS, Charts, Report etc...

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo comes under which DataBase Type

Those aren't database types, except for RDBMS. Marketo isn't an RDBMS, either, since it's not solely a database. Can I ask who formulated the question in this way? It's really strange to see.
abhishek_c
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman, wanted to know under which connection type Marketo comes?

SanfordWhiteman

Files and Charts aren't types of database. ETL is more a way to describe an application (middleware) than a database, unless you're talking about temporary/working tables for an ETL app.

Unless you're broadening the meaning of "database" so that it just means "generic collection of things"? If you could explain the purpose of this lexicon that would help us answer better. But I would never refer to Marketo as a "DBMS," that's simply wrong.

abhishek_c
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman, I meant under which connection type Marketo comes under. like TABLEAU, POWERBI comes under Chart type and HDFS, S3 comes under File type and SQL,MYSQL, ORACLE comes under DBMS type.

SanfordWhiteman

Marketo isn't comparable to these examples. It's a Marketing Automation Platform (MAP). Not a type of database/storage mechanism.

But you're referring to a category ("connection type") that seems made-up.. who's asking for software to be categorized like this, and what purpose does it serve? Feels like a lot of your questions are being copied from a survey of some kind, but the person who wrote the survey doesn't have a firm grasp of technology, making them impossible to answer!
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@abhishek_c ,

connection type normally refers to something like ODBC, JDBC, REST, SOAP, Ora.Net, Ole.Net etc. etc. ad infinitum (i.e. a way in which you connect to a platform/system.  e.g. I connected to my Oracle Database using Ora.net, and then connected to my MySQL Database using JDBC, I selected my data, and aggregated it and uploaded it to S3 using REST over HTTPS).

You've got apples and oranges here.  In your message, you've referred to two reporting/dashboarding applications (Tableau and PowerBI), two file systems (HDFS and S3), and 2 Database Systems (MySQL and Oracle) and one database language (SQL).  None of these are connection types - just a broad description of what each system/language is for (noting that S3 is both the name of the file system and of the connection protocol)

By that logic, @SanfordWhiteman 's answer stands as valid.  Marketo is a Marketing Automation Platform (MAP).  

Cheers

Jo