Re: Lead Type - Required Field on Lead and Contact Record in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Type - Required Field on Lead and Contact Record in SFDC

Hi,

I have been in contact with Marketo support on this topic but curious how others capture lead type.

For example, we're looking at creating a required field on a lead record and contact record in SFDC. It's my understanding that if the required field is empty (we haven't put anyting in place on our landing page forms yet) this will prevent the syncing to SFDC.

I'm wondering how others tag "new" leads that come in via a manual process, for example, via a phone call to your sales line or sales received an email via an alias. 

Appreciate all ideas here.

Best,
Michelle
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to create a new required field to tag new manually inbound leads and you're worried about it interferring with the sync, could you create a trigger campaign to populate that field automatically before syncing to SFDC?

That way it would be required for new leads on the SFDC side, but would have a placeholder value when the lead came in from Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you want to capture Lead Source which should be in SFDC by default. If a lead comes in by Phone or an email box, I train everyone to use'

Lead Source = Inbound Call (They Called Us)
Lead Source = Inbound Email (They Emailed Us)

SFDC Type = Lead, Contact, User which is a separate field with different implications.

Yes, if you set a field to be a required field to create a Lead, then yes, SFDC will reject Marketo's attempt to insert the record if that lead is missing that data.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestions!