Landing Page Templates rendering incorrectly

Kathryn_Collin2
Level 3

Landing Page Templates rendering incorrectly

Hi - We currently use Unbounce to build all our landing pages, but was hoping to start using the Guided Landing Page Templates so we'd have access to more Marketo functionality.

However when I went to trial the templates I noticed they render completely wrong in the editor and preview screens when using IE or Firefox.

Once approved and viewing the live page in Firefox everything looks fine, however its still off in IE.

Everything loads fine when using Chrome, but I've been told not to use it as Marketo constantly crashes in Chrome.

Have I loaded something wrong?

Does anyone know of a service like Unbounce that can load templates directly into Marketo so you don't lose functionality?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Landing Page Templates rendering incorrectly

Please be specific about the functionality you are seeking in Unbounce.

It's essentially impossible for there to be a service that provides everything Unbounce does *yet* also exports static templates to Marketo. It's a contradiction, since UB's power comes in large part from having pages served by their own system.

Kathryn_Collin2
Level 3

Hi Sanford - in terms of functionality I'm looking at prefilled forms, progressive profiling and tracking leads across webpages. Our UB pages sit on a different domain, so we lose tracking ability on our main website, I did read something about using webhooks to prefill forms but it seemed more effort than it was worth.

The only reason we use UB is the ease of building responsive pages.

I would like to move to Marketo landing pages and forms, and could potentially use their guided templates, but would only do so if they rendered properly across browsers.

I looked into using Knak to build templates and load the HTML into Marketo, but I had the same rendering issue in IE and Firefox.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Our UB pages sit on a different domain, so we lose tracking ability on our main website

But why do you have them on a different domain?  They can be put on a subdomain of your main site, so Munchkin tracking is automatically shared across sites. And Unbounce forms can be posted into Marketo.

Unbounce pages can use embedded Marketo forms.  This will give you ProgPro, like it would on any 3rd-party site.

I did read something about using webhooks to prefill forms

Not webhooks, but there are other methods if you want to push the envelope.

But if the real goal is responsive LPs, I suggest you push back on Knak to get the compatibility issues worked out.  Either that or find some other LPs -- static pages, of course, not anything dynamic like Unbounce's built-in A/B switching -- that you have fully vetted and then hire a designer to port those pages to Marketo Guided Landing Page Templates (GLPTs).

Kathryn_Collin2
Level 3

Understand where you're coming from, but I can't quite understand why Marketo are providing templates that will only render correctly in Chrome...?

For everything I seem to do Marketo has some kind of glitch and the response is always to pay for a third party.

Yes we could move UB to a subdomain and embed the forms, but when all our landing pages are really just simple forms on a pretty responsive page, I can't see why we should need to pay for a third party.