Landing Page Parameter URLs Being Indexed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing Page Parameter URLs Being Indexed

We are currently using the URL builder to use track our leadsources across all our different inbound marketing campaigns. I've recently noticed that the person before me didn't set the landing pages to noindex. We are in the process of going through and adding the noindex tag to all the landing pages we made. 

In the process of seeing which landing pages were indexed by Google I found a few landing pages that were indexed with the parameter of the leadsource. I found it very odd that these parameter were being indexed and curious why these URLs were indexed considering the long URL with the parameters should simply redirect to the original landing page built.

I just want to make sure that once I remove these indexed landing pages within GWT manually and add the noindex tags that these parameter URLs won't be indexed going forward.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Landing Page Parameter URLs Being Indexed

I found this support article regarding no index tags, and it looks like indexed pages will be removed from search once google crawls the page again. You can also expediate the removal by clicking the link on the bottom of the article.

http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=93710