Re: Interesting Moment Types

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting Moment Types

I want to be able to expand the Interesting Moment types, go beyond just email, web, and milestone. Is this possible? If so, how do you customize it?
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Type in any random value in the type field and see what happens 🙂0EM50000000QWmY.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had sent his question into technical support on Feb 24, 2014

Additionally, how do I define additional interesting moment types. I have web, event and milestone but would like to add another that is download presales materials. 

The response from techinical support was:

As to your second question - unfortunately, there is no capability to add new Interesting Moment Types at this time. 
Kenneth_Law
Level 10

Hi Quynh. Our team might have provided you some inaccurate information. We've set up case #00229610 for you. One of our technical support engineers will reach out and help clear up any confusion.
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can you share this here with the community?  We too would like to see how we can expand the Interesting Moments beyond email, web and milestone.  In fact, what is "milestone"?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys - wanted to revive this. Do we have an answer as to whether we can customize the Interesting Moment types?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious too! Any answer? 

It appears I can just type in whatever I want for a type and it shows up well on Marketo. However, my "custom" types aren't showing up at all when the interesting moments get sent to Salesforce. In Salesforce it looks like there is no type at all, which is too bad as these interesting moments are mostly for our Sales team to see via Salesforce. 

Is there another way to define custom types for interesting moments? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also curious about this. First off, what is a Milestone?  I'd like to have something that differentiates between a web visit and form fill. Is a form fill a milestone? I'd call it a Form Fill, or something like that. Maybe same category as an Event registration, which i wouldn't call a milestone or a form fill.  To me a milestone sounds more like they've moved from a lead to an opportunity, or maybe they've had their first child

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I just typed in whatever i wanted as the Interesting Moment Type, and that value was saved in Marketo, and was also passed into our CRM, Zoho (i know, i know).  However, it doesn't save as a new Type for future flow steps. That would be a nice feature.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Did you create this as an idea to vote on? I'd vote for it!