Re: how do i remove 302 Marketo Pages or make them 301 redirect

Paul_Rawate
Level 2

how do i remove 302 Marketo Pages or make them 301 redirect

We do not want to use some of our old marketo landing pages because they are not ssl secured. do I just delete the 302 redirects or is there a way to make the links a 301 redirect. 

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I don't understand the distinction between this and your other thread (can you delete the other one pls?).

If you delete a Redirect Rule, then the pages will 302 to your fallback page. Otherwise they will 301 to the redirect target. What is the desired behavior?

Paul_Rawate
Level 2

Sorry about the second one. I thought I may have been in the wrong area and I will delete it. Let me expand on what our goal is. We are trying to correct our site errors based on our crawl reports. We are no longer using these Marketo pages because we didn't move forward with the purchase of the SSL Cert from Marketo.  We have just under 20 landing pages that are currently in a 302 status listed in our crawl reports. If we cannot change the status of these pages to a permanent 301, is the best practice to delete them?

SanfordWhiteman

If you have Redirect Rules for these URLs, then they'll be 301s. That's why I'm confused about what you're seeing right now. It sounds like you're actually seeing the fallback page and do not have Redirect Rules for those pages.

Linnea_Schulenb
Level 1

Hey! Just chiming in as I'm looking for the same answer as Paul. I've seen a couple things that say redirects to external URLs are not 301 redirects, but are 302 redirects (which are no ideal for transferring/retaining SEO). Do you know if that's the case?

How do Marketo Redirect rules work? 

SanfordWhiteman

The doc is incorrect, as you can see by checking your browser Dev Tools » Network. As mentioned above it's a 301 to an external target.