How can I report where my leads are coming from?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I report where my leads are coming from?

I am trying to create some reports in Marketo that will show where my leads are coming from, and how they convert and I am stuck.  The Marketo University is of no help, as they don't have any free help videos that cover reporting (outside of RCE), so turning to the community.

Have others done this before?  Where do I start? I'm stuck with no real clue of where to start.

We are trying to build out reporting metrics that breakdown where all of our leads come from, and how they convert.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How can I report where my leads are coming from?

Hi Todd,

You can create lead performance reports in analytics and have the report grouped by lead source or acquisition program.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would this work if I don't currently have flow steps that change the data value of the acquisition program?  Or does Marketo somehow do that on it's own?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Acquisition program is set by Marketo automatically when a lead is created in Marketo from within a program, by an import in the program or through a form fill-out when the form is hosted in the program. This does not cover 100% of the cases, though.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Please see slideshare.net/jdavidhill for slides that could help.

What sort of conversion rates are you looking for?

Are you already giving attribution to leads? How so? Greg's report can help, but you would need to know more about how the leads enter and what values they might have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I'm currently not giving any attribution.  I hope to be able view all of my leads... new and old, see what channels and programs generated the leads and then how they converted down my lead funnel... from C > B > A > Opportunity > Customer.

So I can then take that data and start putting ad budget around the programs and channels that convert the highest number of leads to customers for example.

None of my 100+ programs have 'period costs' so Marketo's approach of having to go in and add a period cost for every month for every program is not scalable nor the right approach I don't believe.