Help With Smart Campaign Filters

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help With Smart Campaign Filters

Hey!

So we are trying to create a smart campaign, where we trigger an email notifying people of an expiring trial to be sent 1 day before someone's trial expires.  As of right now, Marketo support says they don't really have a way to do this within Filters and Triggers.  So we have a field segment which gives us the date that their trial does expire, but there are no triggers/filters to accommodate this request.

So I was wondering if anyone had created a work around to make this happen.  Let me know if you need more details, you probably do in order to accurately answer my question.  Thank you!

Greer Van Dyck

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help With Smart Campaign Filters

Hi Greer,

If you store the Expiration Date in a custom field, you might be able to use a wait step with a 'date token' and the 'minus' setting

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 2.45.35 PM.png

You mentioned support said it wasn't possible so hopefully this suggestion works.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!  Thank you for your quick response.  It doesn't look like I have advanced wait settings.  Would you mind explaining how you got to the box you attached?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just click the cog wheel from the wait step (it's all the way to the right in the duration text box)

Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 9.39.08 AM.png

Kind of hard to find the first time around..

hope it helps!