help with engagement programs

Theresa_Boesken
Level 2

help with engagement programs

QUESTION: If there are triggers to send people into a stream (clicking on links on a web page) I do not set cadence….correct?

QUESTION: The content (email) that is in each stream – does it automatically send when entering the stream, or does it have to have a “send email” action (if so, where)?

QUESTION: The transition rules are set in the stream where the trigger happens? I am not clear on the process: the rule follows in the stream you want affected?

QUESTION: Instructions are “listening for clicks” should those be separate campaigns within the stream?

QUESTION: I have a designated email to send because of inaction on the webinar link does it need to be set up as a campaign?

QUESTION: If SalesForce is synced initially, does it carry over the success status or do I have to assign it in the flow?

ANY help appreciated!!! I am a lone Marketo user who is totally lost with this whole engagement/nurture thing!!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: help with engagement programs

QUESTION: If there are triggers to send people into a stream (clicking on links on a web page) I do not set cadence….correct?

- Not necessarily. The trigger to send them into the stream simply means the lead is ready to receive the stream's content, but it is the cadence that determines when they receive that content.

QUESTION: The content (email) that is in each stream – does it automatically send when entering the stream, or does it have to have a “send email” action (if so, where)?

- The stream cadence determines when the emails are sent. At every cast, it looks to see which leads should receive the next email.

QUESTION: The transition rules are set in the stream where the trigger happens? I am not clear on the process: the rule follows in the stream you want affected?

- The transition rules are set in the stream that you want to receive the new leads. So if leads are in stream 1, you set the transition rules for stream 2.

QUESTION: Instructions are “listening for clicks” should those be separate campaigns within the stream?

- Could you clarify?

QUESTION: I have a designated email to send because of inaction on the webinar link does it need to be set up as a campaign?

- I believe this email could be sent through a separate smart campaign so you can control when it is sent out (ex. "not clicked link in webinar email" > wait 4 days > resend webinar email

QUESTION: If SalesForce is synced initially, does it carry over the success status or do I have to assign it in the flow?

- Could you clarify? Do you mean this engagement program is synced to an SFDC campaign? If so, you will still mean to determine the channel's success through the admin section.

Definitely read up on engagement programs here for more reference: Understanding Engagement Programs - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: help with engagement programs

- Could you clarify?

Are you wanting to listen for clicks within any email contained within the EP; or at the email level.  If the latter, the common approach would be to using embedded programs for each email send vs. single emails.  We do this today and track engagement/success within each embedded program, rather than at the EP level:

pastedImage_10.png

- I believe this email could be sent through a separate smart campaign so you can control when it is sent out (ex. "not clicked link in webinar email" > wait 4 days > resend webinar email

Be careful when using sub-programs within an EP - specifically smart campaigns to qualify whether or not someone should receive a specific email.  This may put them in an endless loop and they'll never progress to the next email send.  See here for more information:

Re: Excluding leads from nurture case based on asset already downloaded

Nested program in nurture - smart campaign email sends - leads getting stuck in loop?

Re: If a lead doesn't qualify for an Engagement Program cast, does it proceed to the next email?