SOLVED

Re: Help-Advanced Filter Options

Go to solution
Reina_Nagashima
Level 2

Help-Advanced Filter Options

Hi there,

We are trying to figure out why some filters apply correctly in the smart list while some do not.

In this example, we were sending an email to people who are prospects and in either the finance, ops, IT or BI department (see advanced filters) AND they were neither in a one specific SFDC campaign nor in another specific SFDC campaign and so on. The smart list would seem correct from the filters we used because we are trying to target these departments and exclude these members of a specific SFDC campaign.

pastedImage_1.png

What is most confusing to me is that some of these people who we excluded from the SFDC campaign still managed to receive this email. If the filter logic was incorrect, then all of these people in the SFDC campaigns we excluded should have gotten this email but from the activity log on certain people, we see that is also not the case. For example, we are now wanting to send a new email to the people who opened a previous email associated with one of the excluded SFDC campaigns above( "Q4 Hail Mary")- these would be the filters I am using since they have no be apart of this SFDC campaign and also have opened this specific email we sent. However, when I populate the audience and check the people who are in this smart list, I see inconsistencies in their activity log.

For example, this person never received the email they were supposed to be excluded from.

pastedImage_5.png

BUT, this person (who is in the same audience list that I just populated) did receive the email they were supposed to be excluded from- the Happy Customers email

pastedImage_6.png

If the smart list was incorrect to begin with, why didn't it apply to all of the people in that campaign? Why is it that some people got the email they weren't supposed to get and some people didn't?Support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Reina,

For filters 6, 7, and 8, you want to make sure the prospect is not in ANY of those SFDC campaigns correct? In that case, what you need to do is remove filter 7 and filter 8 and instead click the green "+" in filter 6 and select those 2 additional SFDC campaigns. So filter 6 will include all 3 campaigns listed. The logic would then be that the prospect is not in ANY of the 3 listed SFDC campaigns.

The present logic would be that if a prospect is not in ANY single one of the 3 SFDC campaigns they would qualify for the smart list. When you would rather want to make sure the prospect is not in ANY of them at all.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Devraj_Grewal

Reina,

For filters 6, 7, and 8, you want to make sure the prospect is not in ANY of those SFDC campaigns correct? In that case, what you need to do is remove filter 7 and filter 8 and instead click the green "+" in filter 6 and select those 2 additional SFDC campaigns. So filter 6 will include all 3 campaigns listed. The logic would then be that the prospect is not in ANY of the 3 listed SFDC campaigns.

The present logic would be that if a prospect is not in ANY single one of the 3 SFDC campaigns they would qualify for the smart list. When you would rather want to make sure the prospect is not in ANY of them at all.

Reina_Nagashima
Level 2

Ah yes that is correct and makes sense! What would you do if you needed to filter on the status of those campaigns? For example, our event campaigns in SFDC have different statuses compared to our email campaigns. In the filter, if I have all 3 campaigns, how would I specify "for this campaign, status is "responded" and "for this campaign, status is "attended"?

pastedImage_0.png

Devraj_Grewal

This logic would qualify prospects that are not in those 3 SFDC campaigns WITH those specific statuses. If a prospect is in the SFDC campaign with a status other than Responded or Attended, they would qualify for the smart list.

Devraj_Grewal

If you needed to filter by a specific status, then you will need to break out the 3 SFDC campaigns into 3 different filters again like this:

Member of SFDC Campaign

not in "Campaign 1"

status is Responded

Member of SFDC Campaign

not in "Campaign 2"

status is Responded; Attended

Member of SFDC Campaign

not in "Campaign 3"

status is Attended

and make sure in the top bar for the rule criteria to use "ALL" for these 3 filters

Reina_Nagashima
Level 2

Understood- thank you very much Devraj!